Have a passion to help the community and want to get real world experience?
Want to learn how to organize and communicate with Long Island Communities?
Don’t Miss Your Chance to Make a Difference
The Long Island Progressive Coalition is looking for enthusiastic interns, who want to improve the quality of life for all citizens on Long Island.
Become part of a fun, cooperative work environment while earning college credit.
LIPC is a 35-year old, Island-wide, multi-issue, grassroots organization dedicated to promoting sustainable development, revitalizing local communities, enhancing human dignity, creating effective democracy, and achieving economic and social justice.
Join us in fighting for:
• A quality public education system
• Affordable housing- Yes in My Backyard
• Clean Money Clean Elections
• Community empowerment in low income areas
Learn community-organizing skills including:
• Strategy development
• How to use social media in organizing
• How to make community change through electoral campaigns
No prior experience required. Training is provided.
Contact the Dan Fingas our Organizing Director (516) 541-1006 x17 or email email@example.com