Don’t Miss Your Chance to Make a Difference
The Long Island Progressive Coalition is looking for enthusiastic interns, who want to improve the quality of life for all citizens on Long Island. Become part of a fun, cooperative work environment while earning credit.
LIPC is a 32-year old, Island-wide, multi-issue, grassroots organization dedicated to promoting sustainable development, revitalizing local communities, enhancing human dignity, creating effective democracy, and achieving economic and social justice.
Join us in fighting for:
• A quality public education system
• Affordable housing- Yes in My Backyard
• Clean air through our global warming project
• Clean Money Clean Elections
• Community empowerment in low income areas
• And other local, state and national issues
Learn community-organizing skills including:
• Strategy development
• How to organize a press event
• How to run a voter registration campaign, and many other important skills.
No prior experience required. Training is provided.
Contact the Office Administrator (516) 541-1006 x10 or email email@example.com.